Effective Date: 2016
Any use by you of this website (http://www.myyouvs.com) is conditional upon your acceptance of these Website Conditions of Use, including our Privacy and Cookie Notice (collectively, “Conditions of Use”). We reserve the right to amend these Conditions of Use from time to time without notice and at our discretion. It is your responsibility to review this page periodically for updates, which shall come into effect when posted. Your continued use of the Site constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Use. We reserve the right to change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any portion, features, or content of the Site at any time. We also may impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts of or the entire Site without notice or liability. The Site is operated by a member of the Diageo group of companies, the ultimate holding company of which is Diageo plc (registered in England and Wales with company number 23307 and registered address at Lakeside Drive, Park Royal, London NW107HQ, United Kingdom).
The Site is intended for your use only if you are of legal age to purchase alcohol in your country of residence and in the country from which you are accessing the Site. If you do not fall within this category, you may be in breach of laws or regulations applicable in your country of residence or access, and you should leave the Site immediately.
You may restrict access to this site using content filtering software or by changing your computer settings (e.g. browser or operating system), as appropriate.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE CONDITIONS OF USE IN THEIR ENTIRETY PLEASE LEAVE THE SITE NOW.
All references to 'our', 'us', 'we', or ‘company’ within these Conditions of Use are deemed to refer to Diageo plc, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
1. Rights – All rights in all material and content (including, but not limited to, text, images, web pages, sounds, software (including code, interface, and website structure), and video, and the look and feel, design, and compilation thereof) on the Site are owned or licensed by us. You agree that you are permitted to use this material and/or content only as set forth in and to the extent permitted by these Conditions of Use.
2. Intellectual Property – Unless otherwise indicated, we are the owner and/or authorised user of all trademarks, service marks, design marks, trade dress, patents, copyrights, database rights and other intellectual property (collectively, the “Intellectual Property”) appearing on or contained within the Site. Except as provided in these Conditions of Use, your use of the Site does not grant you any right, title, interest, or license to any such Intellectual Property you may access on the Site. Except as provided in these Conditions of Use, any use or reproduction of the Intellectual Property is prohibited.
3. Restrictions on Use – Except as expressly authorized by law, by us, or by the applicable licensor in writing, you are not entitled to reproduce, transmit, license, sell, publicly perform, distribute, adapt, translate, modify, bundle, merge, share, or otherwise make available to any person, or to create derivative works of, any or all of the materials or content available on the Site, or to use it for commercial purposes.
4. Conditions of Use and Acceptable Usage Policy Relating To Public Forums
The Site may contain interactive services, including but not limited to discussion groups, news groups, bulletin boards, chat rooms, blogs and other social networking features, such as the display of Linked Content from Interfacing Sites (as described in Section 5 below) (collectively, “Public Forums”), which may allow you to post, transmit or submit information, including but not limited to writings, images, illustrations, audio recordings, and video recordings (“Postings”). We may or may not actively monitor Postings on Public Forums. Similarly, we may or may not exercise editorial control over Postings on any Public Forum. You may be exposed to content on Public Forums that is inaccurate, fraudulent or deceptive, or that you find offensive or objectionable. Your use of Public Forums is at your own risk.
We reserve the right, but are not obliged, to monitor Public Forums and to remove or alter any Postings that we consider, in our sole discretion, to constitute misuse of these rules. We may restrict, suspend or terminate your use of these services or the Site where, in our sole discretion, we believe that there may have been such a misuse.
The following examples constitute misuse of the Site:
We have designed www.myyouvs.com to be as accessible as possible for all users. We want everyone site visitor to feel welcome, find the experience rewarding and be able to create and share memes really quickly.
What are we doing?
To help us make the Malta Guinness YouVS website a positive place for everyone, we've been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the Malta Guinness YouVS website.
How are we doing?
The site has been designed for simplicity and ease of use. It employs a responsive design to ensure that the look and feel remains the same across different devices and screen sizes.
Changing Text Size
You may want to change the text size in this website so the fonts display at a larger size. Follow the steps below to change in Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar, Select Settings, Click Show advanced settings, In the "Web Content" section, use the "Page zoom" drop-down menu to adjust the zoom.
Images and alt tags
All images used on the site include 'Alt' tags descriptive text alternatives. This allows users to see what the image is meant to convey even if it doesn't load, or if images have been switched off or if using a screen reader to read the web page rather than view.
The site employs large fonts for easy readability.
We've worked hard on the Malta Guinness YouVS website and believe we've achieved our goal of Level AA accessibility. We monitor the website regularly to maintain this, but if you do find any problems, please get in touch.
Let us know what you think
If you enjoyed using the Malta Guinness YouVS website, or if you had trouble with any part of it, please get in touch. We'd like to hear from you in any of the following ways:
This Privacy and Cookie Notice provides a high-level overview of our full Privacy and Cookie Notice (see section 1 for more information). It summarises important information regarding how we collect, use, and share any personal information collected. This Privacy and Cookie Notice applies to personal information collected through this website, which is operated by Diageo plc - the world’s leading premium drinks business - or one of its group of companies.
At relevant points hyperlinks are provided to take you directly to further information in this document. Links in this Privacy and Cookie Notice will not take you to any external website or content.
● See section 1 for more information about Diageo plc
2. Are you of legal purchase age?
● Do not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol.
● If we believe that you are under the legal purchase age we will make every reasonable effort to remove your personal information from our records.
3. What is personal information?
● Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law.
4. Diageo’s collection and use of personal information
● We collect personal information that you choose to provide. This includes information provided when registering with our websites, contacting us, completing surveys or questionnaires, entering competitions, and posting information on public areas of our websites.
● When you use this and other Diageo websites (including by browsing such sites) some information about your visit is automatically recorded such as the pages you have viewed, your IP address and the date and time of your visit. We also collect information using cookies.
● By using this website, you are agreeing to our use of that information as set out in this Privacy and Cookie Notice.
● If you do not agree to these conditions, please do not provide us with this information, or please let us know your objections using the contact details below.
We also collect information using common Internet technologies such as “cookies” and “clear gifs” (also known as “web bugs” or “web beacons”).
● See section 6 for more information.
6. Use of IP addresses
When your web browser or e-mail application requests a web page or e-mail from another computer on the Internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where it should send the information. This is called your computer's "IP address." (IP stands for "Internet protocol.") For most users accessing the Internet from a dial-up Internet service provider (I6P), the IP address will be different every time you log on. We do not store IP addresses in a central database. They are just recorded in log files so they are not associated with an account. IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to:
● to identify a person’s country access.
● To assist our third party service provider to manage GEO IP location, who may map IP addresses to countries.
● Diagnose service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
● Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
● Estimate the total number of users visiting our websites from specific countries or regions of the world.
● Assist third party advertisers to track effectiveness of the promotions they run on our website, visits to and business at third party's websites.
● Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content that we host.
7. Use of personal Information
● We will only use the personal information we collect: for our legitimate business interests, including to improve your consumer experience of our products and services, to provide you with specific information and services that you request, and with additional information and services that may be of interest to you.
8. Disclosure of personal Information
● This may involve sharing your personal information with non-Diageo companies that provide services to Diageo companies and certain other third parties, but only where they have adequate protection to safeguard and hold your personal information securely and, in certain cases, only where you have provided your consent.
● By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to such use and transfers as set out in this Privacy and Cookie Notice and our full Privacy and Cookie Notice.
9. Public areas of our website
● Information that you post on or through the public areas of the site (e.g. chat rooms, bulletin boards and discussion groups) are generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others.
● We take security seriously and take precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place reasonable technological and organisational procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
● Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at the contact details below.
We have no control over the privacy of any communications while in transit to us. We recommend that you not include confidential, proprietary or sensitive information in such communications. See section 16 for more information.
11. Unsubscribe, access, questions and further information
● At your request, and where required by law, we will confirm, share, and/or update the personal information we hold about you. However, to protect your privacy we may first have to verify your identity.
● At any time you can choose to make an unsubscribe request to stop receiving direct marketingcommunications.
● If you would like to unsubscribe from communications from Diageo or about Diageo brands, please contact: Privacy.Queries@diageo.com
● See section 17 for more information on your choices.
12. Retention period
13. Contact Us
If you have any comments, queries, or complaints about our collection or use of personal information please contact us via:
● Post: Data Privacy Officer, Global Compliance Legal Team, Diageo plc, Lakeside Drive, Park Royal, London, NW10 7HQ
● Email: Privacy.Queries@diageo.com
This website is operated by a member of the Diageo group of companies, the ultimate holding company of which is Diageo plc (registered in England and Wales with company number 23307 and registered address at Lakeside Drive, London, NW10 7HQ, United Kingdom).
All references to 'our', 'us', 'we', or ‘company’ within this policy and within the opt-in notice are deemed to refer to Diageo plc, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or associates, as appropriate.
We endeavour to protect your personal privacy. We provide this Privacy and Cookie Notice to help you to understand what we may do with any personal information that we obtain from you. By providing your personal information to us, you signify your acceptance of our Privacy and Cookie Notice and agree that we may collect, use, and disclose your personal information as described in this Privacy and Cookie Notice. If you do not agree to this Notice, please do not provide your personal details to us. This Privacy and Cookie Notice is incorporated into, and part of, the Conditions of Use, that govern your use of the site in general. We will use your information only for the purposes set forth below.
We may need to update this Privacy and Cookie Notice from time to time. We recommend that you check this page regularly to ensure that you have read the most recent version.
Changes to the Privacy and Cookie Notice are noted here:
Date last revised: 2016
Description of substantive revisions:
Section 3 – Description of personal information
Section 4 – Description of how personal information is collected
Section 5 – Use of IP Address
Section 14 – Description of how personal information is used
Section 15 – Description of how personal information is shared
Section 16 – Posting of information in public forums
Section 20 – Changes to your privacy preferences
Section 21 – Description of use of links, references, interfaces, and content from
2. Legal purchase age
You must not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol in the jurisdiction in which you reside and (if different) in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the site. We do not intend to collect personal information from any individuals under the legal purchase age, or to market alcoholic beverages to anyone under the legal purchase age. If we receive notice or believe that someone under the legal purchase age has provided us with personal information we will make every reasonable effort to remove such personal information from our records, or to flag such personal information and (to the extent permitted by law) retain it for the sole purpose of ensuring that it is no longer used.
3. What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law. By 'personal information' we mean names, addresses, email addresses, payment information, and any other personal information you voluntarily provide, for example by entering a competition, completing an online questionnaire, or giving credit card details when purchasing products from us. We also collect some personal information automatically when you browse this website, such as your IP address and details of the pages that you have visited.
4. Collecting personal information
It is your choice to provide us with personal information. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to select whether you would like to receive information from us or from trusted third parties (for example, by choosing to opt in or opt out of receiving special promotional offers). In some circumstances, you will not have the option to opt out, such as when we are satisfying the obligations of a contract with you, administering a transaction requested by you, or required by law.
You may choose to provide us with personal information if, for example, you: contact us with an enquiry; register on the site; forward an item to a friend; purchase an item; fill out a survey or other form with your personal information included; ask us to provide you with information; enter a competition; post information to public areas of the site; or take advantage of a promotion.
By providing any personal information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to the transfer of such personal information to, and the collection and processing of such information in, other countries or territories. Any such transfer and processing by us will be in accordance with this Privacy and Cookie Notice.
5. IP Addresses
When your web browser or e-mail application requests a web page or e-mail from another computer on the Internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where it should send the information. This is called your computer's "IP address." (IP stands for "Internet protocol.") For most users accessing the Internet from a dial-up Internet service provider (ISP), the IP address will be different every time you log on. We receive IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. We do not store IP addresses in a central database. They are just recorded in log files so they are not associated with an account.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to:
The GUINNESS word and associated logos are trademarks. © Guinness & Co. 2017