These are the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) applicable to persons
(“You” or a “Participant” entering/participating in the
“Malta Guinness ‘Go Get It’ National Consumer Promotion”
(the “Promotion”). The Promotion will run between 12:00:01 am (Nigerian Time)
on 8th August 2017 to 11:59 pm (Nigerian Time) on 6th November 2017 (“Promotion Period”).
By entering the Promotion, You accept these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
This competition is hosted by Guinness Nigeria Plc (“Guinness Nigeria” or “Promoter”).
- Promoter. The Promotion is organized by Guinness (Nigeria) Plc (“Guinness” or “Guinness Nigeria”). Hereafter referred to as the ‘Promoter’.
- Promotional Period and submission times: This Promotion runs from 12:00:01 am (Nigerian Time) on 8th August, 2017 to 11:59 pm (Nigerian Time) on 6th November, 2017
(“Promotion Period”). For entries to be valid they must be submitted in the stipulated format- SMS the Code space Name to 32011 within the promo period.
HOW TO ENTER/PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION
- This promotion is open only to Nigerian residents excluding employees of Diageo, their families and any agencies or anyone connected to the Promotion. Entrants must be aged 18 and over. Proof of age and proof of purchase may be required to validate entry.
- The mobile numbers on MTN, Airtel and Etisalat networks are eligible to participate in the Promotion. Entries from other networks shall not be accepted but may be charged by the service provider for which Guinness shall not be liable.
- To participate, a participant must do the following:
- Buy a promotional bottle or can of Malta Guinness Classic or Malta Guinness Herbs Lite. Open the bottle or can and look under the crown cork or can ring pull to see a unique code. Each unique code stands a chance of winning instant airtime or cash prize in the weekly draw.
- SMS the unique code and your name to 32011 (Use space in between the code and your name)- E.g GB87654N Peter
- All users that submit a valid unique code are also entered into a weekly draw for a chance to win N100, 000 cash prize or N1, 000,000 cash prize.
- Each SMS costs N10.
- Guinness will respond with a message confirming the status of the entry and the corresponding instant prize reward or notification of entry into the weekly draw. Entries would be considered invalid without a confirmation response from Guinness.
- Each Consumer shall not exceed a daily limit of 12 entries. In such a case the 13th submitted code will not be used by the system and consumers will be informed that they are able to use the code again the following day; however, there will still be a N10 SMS charge. A day is measured from 12.01am to 12midnight. Consumers are advised to drink responsibly.
- Guinness is not responsible for any printing or typographical errors in any materials for registrations, submissions that are illegible, incomplete, lost or misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including electronic, computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; including inability to access any website associated with the Promotion. Proof of submission shall not constitute proof of receipt by Guinness.
Winning Instant Prizes
- Winning Instant N100 Airtime- All valid entries stand a chance of winning instant N100 worth of airtime and/or entering into the weekly draw. N100 airtime Winners will receive an SMS notification indicating their prize and the winner’s MSISDN is credited with N100 airtime automatically. Winners of N100 airtime will emerge daily from a random system selection throughout the duration of the promotion. The Promoter will endeavor to distribute airtime prizes within 5 minutes of confirmation of the winning entry however this is dependent on the Mobile Network Operators; if the MNOs are experiencing over capacity, then the ability for the Promoter to distribute airtime within that time period could be delayed and this will be outside of the Promoters’ control for which the promoter shall not be held liable.
- Winning Instant N5,000 Cash Prize – All valid entries stand a chance of winning instant N5,000 cash prize. Winners of N5,000 cash will emerge daily from a random system selection throughout the duration of the promotion. Winners will receive an SMS notification indicating their prize with an accompanying Paycode. The PIN for the Paycode transaction is then sent via another SMS to the winner’s MSISDN. The winner is expected to use the Paycode and PIN on any ATM Nationwide that offers Paycode cardless withdrawal services to withdraw their N5,000 cash. The paycode and PIN is valid for only 7 days after issuance, after which it cannot be used to make a cardless withdrawal and this will be outside of the Promoters’ control for which the promoter shall not be held liable. N5,000 cash prize winning codes will not be eligible to participate in the weekly draw.
‘All entries’ weekly draw – Every week, four (4) winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries for that week (Tuesday to Monday) and every Tuesday, the draws for the selection will happen. One selected Winner will be eligible for a cash prize of N1,000,000 (One Million Naira) while the other three (3) selected Winners will be eligible for a cash prize of N100,000 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) each. Winners will be contacted to submit bank details for the transfer or presented with a pre-loaded debit card– no physical cash will be exchanged. The bank details provided by the Winner must correspond with the name of the Winner; failing which such Winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize money.
All prizes are subject to availability at the time redemption is made and the winners details are delivered to the Promoter. Total prize budget for the promotion is N100,000,000 (One Hundred Million Naira), the Promoter reserves the right to cap or amend the prize structure as it deems fit with no liability whatsoever.
All prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for other prizes (in whole or in part). The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize or equivalent monetary value or otherwise, without prior notice nor liability to participants.
If alternative prizes involve manufactured items, they shall be subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions for warranty, service and maintenance, and the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for them. In particular, prizes are provided by the Promoter “AS IS” without warranties of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose.
Once a winner is selected he/she will be contacted via telephone by the representative of the regulatory agency and/or a representative of Guinness. If a winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours of the draw ceremony, the Promoter reserves the right to pick an alternative winner with no liability by the promoter.
By participating in the Promotion, participants grant Guinness Nigeria the right to use their name and/or images in promotional material to be deployed in TV, radio, print, digital and social media. Participants shall not be entitled to any form of compensation for the reposting or usage of their name and/or images and indemnify Guinness Nigeria Plc and its associated companies against any third party claims, losses and damages that may arise as a result of the usage of these posts, name(s) and/or images.
Prize winners will be required to sign and return a Declaration and Release Form which, among other things, releases Guinness, the sponsor of the prize, its respective subsidiaries and associated companies, agents, including advertising and promotional agencies, from all liability relating to the Promotion and acceptance and/or use of the prize and confirms his/her compliance with the terms and conditions applicable to the prize.
Data Privacy- The personal data you provide to The Promoter pursuant to this Promotion, including without limitation your name, telephone number and address, will be processed and are required to administer your participation in the Promotion. You hereby consent to the use of your personal data for the purposes of the Promotion.
The Promoter shall not be responsible for any additional charges incurred (including but not limited to charges for 3rd-party collection, delivery, insurance, etc.) to customers who fail to receive the gift/prize either by means of address error by the customer, or is physically absent during delivery, or choose to make special collection arrangements or pick-up services – should a delivery be necessary.
Taxes and levies imposed by any relevant applicable government or tax authority that may be levied or incurred on the prizes shall be fully borne by the winner.
Limitation of liability- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its parent company, affiliates, related corporations, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any damage, loss howsoever arising suffered by any Participant in this Promotion.
Indemnity- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you undertake to indemnify and keep the Promoter and its parent company, affiliates, related corporations, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless and indemnified against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by any or each of them due to your breach of any of these Terms and Conditions and/or arising from your participation in the Promotion and/or your use of any prize.
In the event of any dispute arising from the Promotion or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of the Promoter on all matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final and binding on all parties. No correspondence will be entertained.
No cheating tolerated- You acknowledge and agree that no form of cheating will be tolerated. If you are found cheating, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Promoter, you will immediately be disqualified from the Promotion. Cheating includes, but is not limited to, counterfeiting invoices or receipts, using multiple identification numbers, tampering with, hacking of the Promotion site (if any), participating in the Promotion without meeting the eligibility requirements, using any automated software or device to gain an advantage during the Promotion, use of the Promotion beyond the defined rules of the Promotion, attempting to disable or overwhelm any of the Promoter’s websites or the Promotion site (if any), attempting to disrupt any portion of the Promotion, including but not limited to, allowing somebody else to use your Personal Information, or tampering with the entry process.
The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify without prior notice any participant found to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Competition, to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
No waiver- The Promoter’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
Modification of these Terms and Conditions, etc. The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice or to amend or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition, not being able to enter into the Competition or accepting or not accepting any prize.
All information is correct at the time of publishing. In the event of any inaccuracy or any discrepancy between the print and online versions, the online version shall prevail over the print version.
Severability- Each of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws. If a court holds any provision of these Terms and Conditions to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the rest of these Terms and Conditions will remain in effect and these Terms and Conditions will be amended to give effect to the eliminated provision to the maximum extent possible.
Laws- The Promotion shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Nigeria. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable laws.
GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC., 24, OBA AKRAN AVENUE, IKEJA, LAGOS